Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ready

I am ready for Argentina. Passports (all five) are on the table. Turned the thermostat off. Packed Benadryl, Orajel (Isaac popped out three more top teeth just last night), and my camera battery. Boys are packed; swimsuits, church clothing, hats, sandals, long pants, undies, etc. I am packed. Isaac is good to go with lots of diapers, wipes, PJ's and socks. Jared is the last one left to pack. I pick him up at 8pm, we will head home (finish the last packing), and leave bright and early at 5:30am!

I have treats (gummy worms and twizzlers), a leapster, DVD player, cards, crayons, blankies and new water bottles (which Wesley discovered on accident! They were supposed to be stocking stuffers...but, since we won't have stockings this year...I guess it's okay) for their carry-on backpacks.

The house is now quiet as Isaac is taking a little snooze. Poor guy bounced off Wesley's bed while I was putting on clean sheets and did a nose dive into the laundry on the floor. Nose bleed. Crying. Break my heart. He then threw up a little bit of water. Should I be worried? He seems to be acting okay. The teething situation definitely does not help. I hope he sleeps okay. LONG travel day coming up tomorrow!

I cleaned all three bathrooms (happily after my last cleaning experience this week. My toilets sure do look and smell great), vacuumed entire house, dusted, windexed, even scrubbed my kitchen garbage can clean! Wrangler is staying at Cousin Tim's house, he got dropped off last night. The fridge is just about empty from any perishables. Garbages still need to be tossed.

Grandpa Lowe volunteered to take the boys to a movie. They were so excited! I feel so weird having no kids around, tugging at my hair or asking for "chicle o dulces."

We will go to Miami tomorrow (Sunday), stay the night and then leave Monday evening for Bs. As. Argentina. Not much else to do except make myself a liquado, wait for the hours to pass until I pick up Jared, mop the floors last thing, load up the car, lock the doors, say a prayer... and then the journey begins!

Update:
Took Isaac to the E.R. tonight after talking things over with Dr. Pearce. Because of our long trip to South America tomorrow, not knowing how the hospitals work down there, being inside lots of airplanes with cabin pressures, and being under the age of 1....those things encouraged me to take him in. His nose bleed and throwing up made me extra cautious. After a quick intake, an hour wait in the waiting room (didn't let him off of my hip b/c of all the germs on the floor as he crawls around), and a cry-free CT scan...everything came out clean! I was grateful for the "better safe than sorry" feeling I had. The $100 co-pay was worth our peace of mind.

Bed by 1am, getting up at 4am for our big trip! (Gotta do my hair, finish packing and feed the boys cereal all before 5:30am).

5 comments:

blair and maisy said...

Have a great trip!

Toodles said...

I'm glad Isaac's scan came out clean! Good job getting everything together... clean house and all packed!! Disfrutes tu tiempo en Argentina mamita... Que bendicion volver al pais donde servistes la mision!! :) Besos.

elshmobelsh said...

Hope you have a WONDERFUL relaxing Christmas in Argentina! It wouldn't be a family vaction if there wasn't some kind of catastrophe right? So hopefully Issac's fall was IT! Glad he's okay.

Boley Boys said...

I miss you already! Hope you all finally made it and are enjoying your time with your mama and her hubby.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that he was okay! glad you had the piece of mind for such a huge trip. love ya!