I am not putting up Christmas this year. Why not? A few reasons:
1. We are leaving in a little over a week for South America. My mom lives in Argentina and we have been planning a visit to see her for a year now. Why put up Christmas when we are leaving two weeks before it will even come? Then to come home to unpack bags, as well as the holiday?
2. Jared is not here. It's not very fun to put up Christmas AND take it down by yourself. The "family" life is not the same when it's just ME doing all the leg work. We did hang up a strand of Christmas lights outside. And I mean a strand. It's actually dangling from the garage door. I want to have traditions for my boys, but if I can get away with it for now...so be it.
3. We have no tree! Last year we bought a fresh pine tree in Maryland (at the local Home Depot), and the year before we left our tree in El Paso, TX when we moved.
4. No room. I really have no nooks, corners, shelves or areas to put up the decor.
5. Lack of motivation or desire. I simply don't want to put forth the effort, all to just take it down in a few weeks, alone, and overwhelmed.
So, call me scrooge. Tell me, "Ba-hum-bug!"
Christmas this year will be spent in a non-traditional setting...en la Argentina. I promise next year to start up with traditions again for my boys; elf on the shelf (one I would like to start), monkey bread for breakfast, PJ's on C-mas eve, acts of service, gingerbread houses, caroling, seeing temple lights, and putting up our Christmas tree!
3 comments:
we've never gotten a tree....for obvious reasons, so no, you are not bah humbug....not at all. one year we made one out of poster board and taped it on the wall.
Love the family pics! No worries- not a Christmas decoration can be found at our house either. We're out of town for a whole month- so what's the point! Have a great time in Argentina:)
I'm glad you are going to see your mom! Happy Christmas in Argentina!
I had to put up and take down c-mas for the last 8 years....I'm really done doing it alone too.
love, love, and kisses to you, your boys, and Mimi!
xoxo
meg
Post a Comment