Jared contributed this to the family blog:
Isaac...what an experience yesterday! So, I'm sitting there watching Transformers with Mama, Wesley, and Austin. I was laying down on the over-sized recliner, which butts up against the side of the stair case. Just a few minutes prior, I had asked Austin where you were and what you were doing. He had reported that you were in the adjacent toy room playing with a truck. As I'm sitting there watching, I hear a thumping noise behind me. Without delay, I spring to my feet and literally dive around the recliner, extending my arms, just in time to catch you. My hands caught you perfectly. Your little head landed right in my hand.
Everything went into slow motion for me. My sense of hearing was heightened and I literally made a split decision as to whether to dive or just jump in front of the stairs. I could tell from the sound of the thumping that you were close to the bottom. I could hear your little grunts as you banged yourself to the bottom.
The miracle, you ask, was this....your head literally hit my hand at the same time I dove. Had I not been there, you would have smacked your the back of your head on the hard tile, with tons of force. You gained momentum as you tumbled down the stairs. I thank our Heavenly Father that I was prompted into action. You are safe...and I am grateful! We even said a little prayer as a family...all 5 of us kneeling on the carpet. We love you!
4 comments:
What a neat story! I'm so glad little Isaac is okay! Those stairs are always so scary for the little ones (I mean scary for the parents who have little ones! :).
Ahh, what a good daddy. Thank goodness Jared is home! Sweet baby Isaac- what a little chunk of lovliness. We SO wish we could be closer to you guys.
Sniff Sniff
Good catch!
so glad Jared is home these days!!!
Post a Comment