I wanted to take snapshots of some of the work Wesley has done this month, especially his phrases that he uses for his journal:
1. My favorite ice cream is cinnamon. (He has never even tried that before!)
2. If a cow came to our classroom, it would drink our water bottles.
3. See it, Say it, Write it (he did a great job drawing).
4. Writing up to 100...I love to see his progress with numbers, and writing the date.
5. If I were a duck, I would ask for candy. (I know he would b/c he asks everyday as a boy!)
6. Do you see the moon? It is "out of space."
7. Chickins eat shells. Animals sleep on straw. Cows eat grass two times. (He had help from dad).
Austin can now write his name, and his imagination is very vivid. Every morning he comes in with a new dream. His stick figures actually look like people!
FHE: We taught the boys the importance of earning money and saving it. Wesley decided he wants a Ben 10 toy figure, and Austin wants a new Hulk motorcycle with a light. I was so happy to see Austin write his own name! And his motorcycle isn't so bad either. To earn money the boys have to do extra work(besides making beds, unloading dishes, and hanging clothing): boys pick up dog poop, clean windows, wipe doors, dust and maybe I can get them to start vacuuming.
We have also introduced the boys to a few classic tv shows through www.hulu.com. "He-man, Inspector Gadget (Austin calls it enspected draged), and Thundercats." They LOVE their new heroes and I love that it's clean and fun.
2 comments:
I love how you've scanned their drawings and writing papers to keep! That Ben 10 picture is really good, what a little artist you have!!
so impressed!
Post a Comment