I took piano lessons for only 2 years; grades 2-4. But, b/c my mom had a piano, I was able to plunk down some notes and continued to play hymns for early morning seminary throughout high school.
I definitely wouldn't consider myself advanced, or a prodigy child. But, I can read music at an intermediate level, and feel confident in my teaching abilities for a beginner student.
It's a great match. I love teaching. I love piano. I love young students. Perfect!
Here are pics from the night be bought the piano off of Craigslist. A Baldwin upright for $550. not bad. Tim and Jared brought it in and Austin and I took our first pics. I look forward to re-decorating my piano room with fun accent colors.
5 comments:
I would have you teach my boys if we lived closer!
I hope you have fun with it! I took piano for TEN years, but I for sure don't feel brave enough to teach it! You ROCK! :)
For some reason I thought you had a baby grand that you bought from Direct Buy?
Very fun! Good luck with your new adventure!
Seriously? Because you have so much spare time? You have so much more energy than I do. That's awsome!
Post a Comment