Funerals are always bittersweet. you are sad and grieve the person, knowing that you will miss them so much and feel sorrow during this earthly life... yet it is a time of rejoicing to see old family members and having a sweet reunion. Jared and I worked so hard, alongside Ted and Tracy Izatt to prepare the funeral. So much had to be done, of course this being my first time. The program, the cremation, the obituary, the selling and cleaning of his home, dealing with the police dept and all the questions, going to a lawyer to figure out his messy estate and then of course recognizing my feelings and dealing with my loss.
The life celebration was really lovely. Lots of people and loved ones showed up. I was grateful for the food that was shared, how much Shane Peters helped with so many details, having my mom arrive just in time from Argentina to help support, and feeling so much love from everyone. I said the opening prayer and my voice was shaking with tears when I thought about all of it. When the National Guard played Taps and presented the family with a folded flag, that was a real tear jerker. We were able to clean out the house and eventually sell it, going through so many personal belongings and feeling waves of emotion from it all. Having all of us live out of state, it as tricky trying to coordinate and organize it all within days! This was Gpa Lowe's last picture alive, at Andrea Anderson's house the night before he died for FHE. I also have some pics of the post it notes that we left at the cremation funeral home for my dad since we never got to see him again. The Funeral Director promised that he was there, was sincere and empathetic with our feelings of loss and shared that he would put them in his hands. That. was. hard. I also found a great note that he had alongside our wedding pic saying that "I am always here" for me, his daughter. I also have his turquoise ring that we all loved, hoping to put it into a pendant. I also got an ultrasound for this new baby coming, to bring me peace and comfort during a time of loss and sadness. I needed something happy! My friend Dr Baldwin saw me as a friend vs patient and I appreciated it.
So grateful of the support that we received despite it all and I recognize the sweet blessing that the gospel brings of peace and hope for a healthy Gpa Lowe in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment