Friday, July 31, 2015

AZ to UT



From Eagar where we spent a few days loading up the Penske truck and saying our good bye's to Grandma and Pipa Wilson, we then drove 12 hour in a caravan to get to Utah. Dad took Levi and Isaac in the big truck, Abu had Wesley and fragile items in the back, and I took Ruby and Austin in the Armada. Ruby was a great girl, happy with her blankie and treats, not complaining much. The rest of the kids were happy with electronics or DVD's. The scenery from AZ to UT was gorgeous... the red rocks, open skies, huge mountains and of course great weather (no more sizzling!) Every corner we took I was just in awe at God's beauty. We drove only 65mph with the large truck/trailer and so it took longer than normal. We arrived late Friday night, around 9pm...only to find our house that we had rented on line turned out to be a doll house...TINY...NOT what we expected. I was exhausted from the trip, and my stomach was churning and so sick...I didn't know how I was going to now have to handle this new situation.
The new bishop of the area came over and spoke with us about the ward, which was another red flag. There were NO kids for scouts, YM, or even primary. As Wes was listening to me talk with him, I could hear the concern in his voice...mine too! The neighborhood was also mostly apartments where single or college folk lived, as well as commercial buildings. Not ideal for kids. It was a concern.
Jared and I slept on the floor with the boys (I wanted to just die from being so uncomfortable and sick), but we couldn't sleep b/c we didn't know how we were going to make this work.  So, after having unpacked the cars and Uhual trailer, we then loaded it back up the next day...now homeless and in search of any home.



















































No comments: