Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pirate House and River Walk

Pirate house restaurant! Ahoy! "Me" family went to eat some "Po Boy" food; gumbo, cheese biscuits, salmon, gater nuggets, and cajun fries. I loved the children's menu with all the gettup! I guess this house was where Captain Morgan, from Treasure Island supposedly died, in a tavern in Savannah. There are hidden tunnels underneath from where they used to bring in the booty from the sea. The food was decent, the waiter very friendly, and we had to help clean up the HUGE mess that 10 kids make in a small room (especially Ruby spilling water and bread everywhere). Literally, I swept it up with a broom and left a large tip. Watching Ruby walk on the cobblestone sidewalks was great. We then headed to the River Walk and enjoyed some local music, praline clusters (heavenly!), children begging for 5 lb gummy bears,  and going up and down scary, steep, old stairways! 































No comments: