I am so happy that I am in the YW at church b/c I got to know Carla Porterfield and her family. She later invited me to come over with the boys for a BBQ (as we initially wanted to organize our miamaids list and contact the girls, and make them cookies). She lives in the woods of Bloomingdale, on 7 acres, including a lake! It is fantastic. Her husband has a taxidermy shop, full of stuffed gaters and other creatures. It was fun posing for pics, about gave Abu a heart attack as she saw Levi with the gater and carrot. The boys went for rides in the canoes, golf cart, Ruby ate some blueberries, we took home some eggs from a neighbor, made some Monster Cookies (that we later took to a ward potluck), we grilled up some hot dogs, and I left with a bag full of gater nuggets and deer steaks. Eek! What a beautiful space to have a home and garden. Made me excited for a potential Eagar life!
No comments:
Post a Comment