Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween
















Austin had a fun Halloween Carnival at preschool, where he dressed up as Cpt. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean). He was too timid to try out the bobbing for apples, but he had a great time gathering up the candy and tasting the cupcakes!

The trunk or treat at the church was enjoyable. I felt a little strange being there without Jared, and especially wearing the "Red Hat Lady" attire that I had on. But, what a better place to be at for immediate candy results! The chili cook off was tasty and Grandpa Lowe kept us company as we roamed around in the dark parking lot. Wesley was Darth Vader, Austin Cpt. Sparrow and Isaac a pumpkin. Maybe next year we could all go as a theme for our family. I hope Jared will be around next year to enjoy his boys' dress up (and I can eat his candy!)

Halloween was spent with the Boley's, chili, cornbread and lots of candy. Wesley chose to be black Spiderman (vs. Darth Vader, so he could see better without a dark mask), and Austin was Batman (vs. Cpt Sparrow).

We gave our candy away to my orthodontist where he will donate the candy to the troops in Iraq. The boys collected 10 bucks too! We went to Fry's grocery and they each bought a toy. (I secretly stashed away my favorite chocolate bars and they each chose 10 candies to eat later).

No comments: