Eagar, AZ. I had a change of heart here this weekend. After hearing my boys talk all the time about how much they LOVE Eagar, how it feels more like "home" there, how they want to live there, I started asking myself if this little town could possibly be what we have been looking for? What do we want for our kids? We want them to have a solid childhood with fun, friends, work ethic, sports, nature and (now) a mini farm? Jared and I started dreaming of plans of our 6 acres, how we could have chickens and our boys could raise a steer for 4H club, I could teach fitness classes at the church, Jared could work for the city (with his MPA degree from BYU), we could enjoy having pipa and gma around (memories for the boys!), Sprucedale guest ranch where the boys could work to earn $ or their mission, and we could have a fun zip line or tree fort. All great ideas~ The boys tried their best to convince us of this decision during our Sunday family council, and even Pipa and Gma were on board with it. We will see. I loved seeing the boys be creative, work together, get dirty and be outside. Yes, this may just be a novelty b/c we don't' live there, but there is potential! Let them ride a horse or a four wheeler down the street! Just amazing how I am even open minded to this now! I no longer feel claustrophobic, depressed or lonely. I am in this for the kids. For their adventures. For their dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment