I didn't know that GREEN existed in the Valley of the Sun! Just 35 min North of here, we found the Hassayampa Water Reserve, with an underground river, near Wickenburg, AZ. My friend Brittney Cartrette and I loaded up our kids during Spring Break and took them on a picnic in this lush palm tree desert oasis. The cactus were so beautiful, the mossy weeds where deer sleep at night were cool and green, and the overhanging palm leaves kept us cool. I loved the PLEASE TOUCH sign at the museum where the kids could see different animal skulls and skins. Walking sticks, heart leaves and throwing rocks into the muddy swamps were the favorites. Ruby did great on my back and took a well needed nap afterwards (I loved the cuddle! Something that doesn't happen often). So glad we did the adventure, to get outside and make an effort to enjoy nature. Sometimes I hold back b/c it is a lot of work with 5 small children in tow alone, but I am always happy when I do and feel like I have made a memory! The Wilson motto: I can do hard things with patience, love, respect and a smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment