Saturday, April 18, 2015

moving madness

Move #18 in 12 years: Cedar City, Nogales, Provo (first basement apt), Provo (basement apt), Chandler, Mesa (with Tia Mon Mon and Michelle Clark), Florence, Surprise (Beazer home), Surprise (second rental), Surprise (custom home), El Paso (apt), El Paso (remodeled home), Gaithersburg, Surprise (custom home), Surprise (rental), Surprise (Marley Park), Surprise (MP townhome), SAVANNAH. It always causes stress, anxiety, madness and chaos...including more children this time around and OUT OF STATE. Plus, I had to pack up for a "Savannah" adventure, and the rest would go into storage in Eagar, AZ. I had to sort through many things, continue to "live" with what we needed for necessities, babysit extra kids for money, get kids fed meals, do dinner group, baseball games, scouts, homework, chores and piano lessons. Just thinking about it gives me PTSD. By now I have figured things out; I do all of the de-cluttering, cleaning, packing up and boxing. Jared does all of the heavy lifting and loading up (including tearing down furniture). I usually wear my hair in the same bun for 6 days +, wear the same t-shirt and the boys just have to make do with our empty pantry as I use the food from our freezer. I keep a sharpie marker and packing tape in my back pocket, I used storage vacuum bags to pack the linen closet, I gave away furniture and put our entire toy closet into a few tubs. I also ate the entire plate of chocolate chip cookies from my sweet boy Hudson that i babysit. 
So grateful for friends who could help us load up and pack up my Armada so I could drive to Eagar and meet up with Jared (who loaded up the storage unit there with Alex Molina and Glenn). I can always count on Leslie Boley to be willing and available, as well as the local elders. Ruby loved climbing into her stroller and being "involved" as she tore into piles. The brothers were very willing to get rid of anything and organize their Georgia bag and fill up wardrobe boxes. It is a family effort and I just kept trying my best to look for the near future for some respite! 

































No comments: